Firm will present safe, mission-critical communications providers
WASHINGTON, Feb. 2, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Lumen Technologies (NYSE: LUMN) just lately received a $223 million contract from the U.S. Protection Info Programs Company (DISA) to supply safe, mission-critical communications providers to the U.S. Division of Protection.
“The U.S. Division of Protection has a far-reaching mission to supply navy forces to discourage warfare and guarantee our nation’s safety. DoD chosen Lumen to ship voice communications providers that can assist it perform its vital mission utilizing right now’s applied sciences,” stated Zain Ahmed, senior vp, Lumen public sector. “DoD is modernizing its community and leveraging cloud-based applied sciences like the brand new voice system enabled by Lumen that securely connects our troops with fashionable communications instruments wherever they’re.”
- Lumen will provide DISA with fashionable hybrid-cloud voice and audio-conferencing providers that help the Division of Protection (DoD)’s mission each inside and outdoors the U.S.
- The brand new Voice over Web Protocol (VoIP) system saves the federal government cash by eliminating the necessity for desk telephones and supporting distant customers as DoD transitions to a hybrid workforce.
- Lumen is serving as a trusted supplier of safe, resilient communications providers that allow greater than 250,000 concurrent connections to DISA’s voice cloud system.
- Lumen is supplying unified communications providers through an built-in cellphone system that runs over the corporate’s fiber community.
- Delivering voice and conferencing providers from cloud information facilities that meet DoD Impression Degree 5 safety requirements supplies fashionable capabilities with scalable infrastructure prepared to satisfy warfighters’ wants on demand.
The brand new voice providers will help DoD’s transition to a subsequent era 911 (NG911) system at navy bases that may higher pinpoint and route first responders to a caller’s location. The Lumen NG911 platform improves the supply of emergency calls and permits residents to contact 911 not solely by making a voice name—it additionally lays the inspiration for the supply of images and movies sooner or later.
- The $223 million activity order has a base efficiency interval of 1 12 months, with three extra one-year choices and a possible six-month extension.
- It was awarded to Lumen underneath the Normal Companies Administration’s 15-year, $50 billion Enterprise Infrastructure Options (EIS) program.
- Tyto Authorities Options, Inc. is a strategic subcontractor to Lumen. The 2 corporations are working to satisfy the order’s technical necessities by delivering cellphone and conferencing providers from extremely obtainable, resilient cloud information facilities that meet DoD Impression Degree 5 (IL5) safety requirements.
- Lumen is honored to help navy and authorities companies with progressive adaptive networking, edge cloud, related safety and collaboration providers utilizing the corporate’s platform for superior utility supply options.
- The corporate supplies a platform for IT modernization that delivers the safety and reliability navy and civilian companies want to hold out their vital missions.
About Lumen Applied sciences:
Lumen is guided by our perception that humanity is at its finest when know-how advances the way in which we reside and work. With roughly 400,000 route fiber miles and serving clients in additional than 60 nations, we ship the quickest, most safe platform for purposes and information to assist companies, authorities and communities ship superb experiences. Be taught extra in regards to the Lumen community, edge cloud, safety, communication and collaboration options and our goal to additional human progress by know-how at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Fb: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies. Be taught extra about Lumen’s public sector capabilities on Twitter at @lumengov and on LinkedIn at @lumenpublicsector. Lumen and Lumen Applied sciences are registered logos in the USA.
SOURCE Lumen Applied sciences